Email UsRegsiter NowFacebooktwitter Wycherleys


Anne Wycherley is a Domestic Energy Assessor dealing with Energy Performance Certificates on existing residential properties. An EPC is required for all properties both for sale and rent if there is not an exisitng one from a previous sale or rental. The Certificates are valid for 10 years. If there has been a change, for example a new boiler or extra insulation, it is recommended to update to give a higher rating.

From 30th June 2011 all holiday let properties require an Energy Performance Certificate if let for a total of four months in a year.

The assessment includes:-

  • Establishing the age and construction of the property, any roof conversions and extensions
  • Establishing insulation of walls, such as cavity wall insulation
  • Measuring volume of heated space
  • Length of heat loss walls (external or to unheated space)
  • Roof Insulation
  • Window age if double glazed
  • Age and type of heating and hot water systems, heating controls
  • Low energy light bulbs

From 1st April 2012 there is a new format Energy Performance Certificate due to the introduction of the Green Deal in the autumn of 2012. The new style EPCs will be required to apply for energy efficiency measures at no up-front cost. EPC assessments undertaken for sale and rental under the new format will also have this link to potentially reduce heating costs of your home.

Quotations are provided on application, varying according to the size. Contact Anne Wycherley on